How to Change the Chart Style in Excel
When creating a chart in Excel, you will often want to change the style of chart you are using to more effectively display the information you are presenting. Excel offers a variety of chart styles for you to use. This tutorial will teach you how to change the style of the chart you are using in Excel.
Step 1: Click on a blank area of the chart
Use the cursor to click on a blank area on your chart. Make sure to click on a blank area in the chart. The border around the entire chart will become highlighted. Once you see the border appear around the chart, then you know it is ready to be changed.
Step 2: Select the Chart Design tab
After you have selected your chart, the Chart Design tab will appear on the ribbon. This tab will only appear when a chart is selected. Options included in this tab are Chart Layouts, Chart Styles, Data, Style and Location.
Step 3: Select a Style from the Chart Styles section on the Design Tab
You can now see the available styles for the chart type you have selected. Mouse over the different chart styles to see a preview of how your chart with look with that particular style.
Once you identify the style you want, click on the button for that style and it will apply the change to your chart.
Thanks for checking out this tutorial. If you need additional help, you can check out some of our other free Excel Chart tutorials, or consider taking an Excel class with one of our professional trainers.
- How to Make a Chart or Graph in Excel
- How to Change the Chart Type in Excel
- How to Move and Resize Charts in Excel
- How to Change the Chart Style in Excel
- How to Add a Title to a Chart in Excel
- How to Add a Legend to a Chart in Excel
- How to Add and Remove Gridlines in Excel
- How to Add Axis Labels to a Chart in Excel
- How to Make Data Tables in Excel
- How to Filter Charts in Excel
- How to Make Trendlines in Excel Charts
- How to Make Dual Axis Charts in Excel
- How to Create Chart Templates in Excel
- How to Create Sparklines in Excel
- What Types of Chart Does Excel Offer?