SPAUI-Implementing Automation for Cisco Service Provider Solutions v1.2 Training Course
The SPAUI-Implementing Automation for Cisco Service Provider Solutions v1.2 course is a 3-day course that is designed to teach students how to deploy, configure, monitor, and operate Service Provider network environments using modern data models. These models allow students to represent operational data and new network management protocols in order to administer hundreds or thousands of devices in a single operation, replacing traditional, time-consuming, error prone, device-by-device Command Line Interface (CLI) management. The course also discusses powerful automation solutions that can streamline network operations.
This course covers Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) data models and validation tools, Representational State Transfer Configuration Protocol RESTCONF and Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) management protocols, model-driven telemetry with Google Remote Procedure Call (gRPC) and Google Network Management Interface (gNMI), traffic automation with XR Transport Control (XTC), Secure Shell (SSH)-based automation tools like NetMiko and Ansible, orchestration provided by Network Services Orchestration (NSO), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) lifecycle management with Elastic Services Controller (ESC), and network operations automation with WAN Automation Engine (WAE).
The class prepares students for the 300-535 SPAUTO - Implementing Automation for Cisco Service Provider Solutions exam.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Using NETCONF and RESTCONF programmability protocols on Cisco devices
- Describing and using tools to validate YANG data models on Cisco devices
- Describing and configuring model-driven telemetry on Cisco devices
- Describing and configuring network traffic automation with Cisco XTC
- Describing and using network automation tools that utilize SSH
- Automate service provider network configuration with Cisco NSO
- Describing how to automate virtualized resources with Cisco ESC
- Describing how to automate service provider WAN with Cisco WAE
Individuals looking to use network programmability to scale and streamline Service Provider network infrastructure.
Attendees should meet the following prerequsites:
- CCNP equivalent level of knowledge for Routing and Switching (R&S)
- Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS XE) and Cisco IOS XR working experience
- SP Operations experience with routing, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Virtual Private Network (VPN) Solutions
- Network Programmability Basics (Network Programming Foundations, APIs and Protocols, Network Model Driven APIs and Protocols, Configuration Management with Ansible, Service Provider Network Automation workflows)
Implementing Network Device Programmability Interfaces with NETCONF and RESTCONF
Implementing Model-Driven Programmability with YANG
Implementing Model-Driven Telemetry
Automating Service Provider Network Traffic with Cisco XTC
Automating Networks with Tools That Utilize SSH
Orchestrating Network Services with Cisco NSO
Automating Virtualized Resources with Cisco Elastic Services Controller
Automating the WAN with Cisco WAE