DEVCOR-Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs v1.0 Training Course
The DEVCOR-Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs v1.0 course is a 5-day course that is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco DevNet Professional certification and for professional-level network automation engineer roles. Students will learn how to implement network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, from initial software design to diverse system integration, as well as testing and deployment automation. The course provides students hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
This class helps students prepare to take the 350-901 Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) exam. By passing this exam, students will satisfy the core exam requirement toward Cisco Certified DevNet Professional, and they will earn the Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist Core certification.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Describing the architectural traits and patterns that improve application maintainability
- Describing the architectural traits and patterns that improve application serviceability
- Identifying steps to design and build a ChatOps application
- Implementing robust Representational State Transfer (REST) API integrations with network error handling, pagination, and error flow control
- Describing the necessary steps for securing user and system data in applications
- Describing the necessary steps for securing applications
- Identifying common tasks in automated application release process
- Describing best practices for application deployment
- Describing methodologies for designing distributed systems
- Describing the concepts of infrastructure configuration management and device automation
- Utilize Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) data models to describe network configurations and telemetry
- Comparing various relational and nonrelational database types and how to select the appropriate type based on requirements
This course is designed for anyone who performs or seeks to perform a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
This course covers specialized material about designing, developing, and debugging applications using Cisco APIs and platforms, and managing and deploying applications on Cisco infrastructure. To fully benefit from this course, students should have three to five years of experience designing and implementing applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
The course is appropriate for:
- Network engineers expanding their skill-base to include software and automation
- Developers expanding expertise in automation and DevOps
- Solution architects moving to the Cisco ecosystem
- Infrastructure developers designing hardened production environments
The job roles best suited to the material in this course are:
- Senior network automation engineer
- Senior software developer
- Senior system integration programmer
Additional job roles that could find this course useful are:
- Senior infrastructure architect
- Senior network designer
- Senior test development engineer
Students preparing for Cisco Certified DevNet Professional and Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist Core certification will also find this material useful.
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Knowledge of program design and coding with focus on Python
- Familiarity with Ethernet, TCP/IP, and Internet-related networking
- Understanding the utilization of APIs
- Understanding of software development and design methodologies
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
This class includes lecture sections and self-study sections. In instructor-led classes, lectures are delivered in real-time, either in person or via video conferencing. In e-learning courses, the lectures are on recorded videos. In both versions, you will need to review self-study sections on your own before taking the certification exam.