The SSFIPS-Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS v4.0 course is a 5-day course that is designed to teach students the knowledge and skills to use the NGIPS platform features and includes firewall security concepts, platform architecture and key features; in-depth event analysis including detection of network-based malware and file type, NGIPS tuning and configuration including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls; Snort rules language; file and malware inspection, security intelligence, and network analysis policy configuration designed to detect traffic patterns; configuration and deployment of correlation policies to take action based on events detected; troubleshooting; system and user administration tasks, and more.
This course helps students prepare to take the Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower (300-710 SNCF) exam, which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist Network Security Firepower certifications. The 300-710 SNCF exam has a second preparation course as well, SSNGFW - Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall v1.0. Students can take these courses in any order.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Implementing Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS to stop threats, address attacks, increase vulnerability prevention against suspicious files, and analyze for not-yet-identified threats
- Gain leading-edge skills for high-demand responsibilities focused on security
- Describing the components of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense and the managed device registration process
- Detailing Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) traffic control and configure the Cisco Firepower system for network discovery
- Implementing access control policies and describing access control policy advanced features
- Configuring security intelligences features and the Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks implementation procedure for file control and advanced malware protection
- Implementing and manage intrusion and network analysis policies for NGIPS inspection
- Describing and demonstrating the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco Firepower Management Center
- Integrating the Cisco Firepower Management Center with an external logging destination
- Describing and demonstrating the external alerting options available to Cisco Firepower Management Center and configure a correlation policy
- Describing key Cisco Firepower Management Center software update and user account management features
- Identifying commonly misconfigured settings within the Cisco Firepower Management Center and use basic commands to troubleshoot a Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower NGIPS in their network environment.
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture.
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and IPS
This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 5
-days of content, 365-days unlimited access. for $1000.
Students can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 5
-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this On-Demand class is $1000. (Applicable State and Local taxes may be added for On-Demand purchases, depending on your location.)