The DCIMDS-Introducing Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches v1.1 course is a 2-day course that is designed to provide students an overview of Cisco MDS 9000 Series Multilayer Switches, including platform architecture, software, and management capabilities. Students will learn about the key features that contribute to high performance and availability, flexibility, and operational simplicity and investment protection. During hands-on lab time, students will configure: a Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) SAN fabric using Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and Command Line Interface (CLI) commands; SAN analytics and SAN telemetry streaming; device aliases and zoning; and more. Students will also gain a technical understanding of how to build highly available, scalable storage networks using the robust, flexible hardware architecture with network and storage management intelligence.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Describing Cisco MDS SAN features and advantages
- Describing fixed and modular platforms
- Describing Cisco MDS architecture and high-availability mechanisms
- Describing technologies used in modern SANs
- Describing SAN management with Cisco DCNM
- Initialize a Cisco MDS switch and add it to DCNM
- Describing key value-add features that distinguish Cisco MDS switches
- Configuring basic Cisco MDS features and interfaces using DCNM
Technical decision makers and professionals who architect, implement, or manage data center SAN environments, including:
- Solutions architects
- Data center architects
- Network architects
- Systems engineers
- Data center engineers
- Network engineers
- Technical decision makers
- Cisco integrators and partners
No prerequisites are required for this course.
This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 2
-days of content, 365-days unlimited access. for $750.
Students can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 2
-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this On-Demand class is $750. (Applicable State and Local taxes may be added for On-Demand purchases, depending on your location.)