The SAUI-Implementing Automation for Cisco Security Solutions v1.0 course is a 3-day course that is designed to teach students how to design advanced automated security solutions for their network. Via a combination of lessons and hands-on labs, students will master the use of modern programming concepts, RESTful application program interfaces (APIs), data models, protocols, firewalls, web, Domain Name System (DNS), cloud, email security, and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) to strengthen cybersecurity for their web services, network, and devices. Students will learn to work within the following platforms: Cisco Firepower Management Center, Cisco Firepower Threat Defense, Cisco ISE, Cisco pxGrid, Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise, Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud, Cisco Umbrella, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), Cisco Threat grid, and Cisco Security Management Appliances.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Describing the overall architecture of the Cisco security solutions and how APIs help enable security
- Knowing how to use Cisco Firepower APIs
- Explaining how pxGrid APIs function and their benefits
- Demonstrate what capabilities the Cisco Stealthwatch APIs offer and construct API requests to them for configuration changes and auditing purposes
- Describing the features and benefits of using Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud APIs
- Learning how to use the Cisco Umbrella Investigate API
- Explaining the functionality provided by Cisco AMP and its APIs
- Describing how to use Cisco Threat Grid APIs to analyze, search, and dispose of threats
Individuals looking to use automation and programmability to design more efficient networks, increase scalability and protect against cyberattacks.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic programming language concepts
- Basic understanding of virtualization
- Ability to use Linux and Command Line Interface (CLI) tools, such as Secure Shell (SSH) and bash
- CCNP level core networking knowledge
- CCNP level security networking knowledge
This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 3
-days of content, 365-days unlimited access. for $650.
Students can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 3
-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this On-Demand class is $650. (Applicable State and Local taxes may be added for On-Demand purchases, depending on your location.)