The BGP - Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers v4.0 course is a 5-day course that is designed to help students gain in-depth knowledge of BGP, the routing protocol that is one of the underlying foundations of the Internet. Students will explore the theory of BGP, configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers, and detailed troubleshooting information.
Our labs provide you with the skills needed to configure and troubleshoot BGP networks in both enterprise and service provider environments. Students will also learn BGP network design issues and usage rules for various features as well as how to design and implement efficient, optimal, and trouble-free BGP networks.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Implementing the correct BGP configuration to allow your network to act as an ISP
- Configuring BGP with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- Configuring a provider network to behave as a transit autonomous system (AS)
- Configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting basic BGP to enable inter-domain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains
- Using BGP policy controls to influence the route selection process with minimal impact on BGP route processing in a network scenario where you must support connections to multiple ISPs
- Configuring BGP to connect the customer network to the Internet when multiple connections must be implemented
- Enabling route reflection and confederations as possible solutions to BGP scaling issues
- Optimizing the scalability of the BGP routing protocol in a typical network
Target Student:This course is designed for the following students:
- Internet service providers
- Networking professionals who need to connect to ISPs
- CCIE certification candidates
- Individuals who need to understand how to configure Cisco routers for the BGP protocol
Prerequisites: Students should possess the following experience before attending the course:
No prerequisites are required for this course.
This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 5
-days of content, 365-days unlimited access. for $750.
Students can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 5
-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this On-Demand class is $750. (Applicable State and Local taxes may be added for On-Demand purchases, depending on your location.)