DEVASC-Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Core Platforms v1.0 Training Course
The DEVASC-Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Core Platforms v1.0 course is a 5-day course that is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco DevNet Associate certification and for associate level network automation engineer roles. Students will learn how to implement basic network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, and how to implement automation workflows across network, security, collaboration, and computing infrastructure. The course provides students with hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools.
This class helps students prepare to take the 200-901 DevNet Associate (DEVASC) exam. By passing this exam, students will earn Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Describing the importance of APIs and use of version control tools in modern software development
- Describing common processes and practices used in software development
- Describing options for organizing and constructing modular software
- Describing HTTP concepts and how they apply to network-based APIs
- Applying Representational State Transfer (REST) concepts to integration with HTTP-based APIs
- Describing Cisco platforms and their capabilities
- Describing programmability features of different Cisco platforms
- Describing basic networking concepts and interpret simple network topology
- Describing interaction of applications with the network and tools used for troubleshooting issues
- Applying concepts of model-driven programmability to automate common tasks with Python scripts
- Identifying common application deployment models and components in the development pipeline
- Describing common security concerns and types of tests, and utilize containerization for local development
- Utilizing tools to automate infrastructure through scripting and model-driven programmability
This course is designed for anyone who performs or seeks to perform a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining applications that are built on top of Cisco platforms.
The course is appropriate for software developers, application developers, and network engineers who want to expand their skill base and validate their skills in programmability, software, and automation. Students preparing for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification will also find this material useful.
The job roles best suited to the material in this course are:
- Network automation engineer
- Software developer
- System integration programmer
Additional job roles that might be interested:
- Infrastructure architect
- Network designer
There are no formal prerequisites for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam and before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
This class includes lecture sections and self-study sections. In instructor-led classes, lectures are delivered in real-time, either in person or via video conferencing. In e-learning courses, the lectures are on recorded videos. In both versions, you will need to review self-study sections on your own before taking the certification exam.
|Self Paced Online Courses:|
|CCNA-Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions v1.0 On-Demand Course|