DCMDS-Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches v3.1 Training Course
The DCMDS-Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches v3.1 course is a 4-day course that is designed to teach students how to implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches, to build highly available, scalable storage networks.
Via expert instruction and extensive hands-on practice, students will learn how to deploy and use capabilities such as Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSANs), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV) fabric security, zoning, automation with NX-API, Slow Drain Analysis, SAN analytics, Fibre Channel over TCP/IP (FCIP) tunnels, and more. Students will learn how to configure and implement platform features and learn troubleshooting techniques pertaining to Fibre Channel (FC) domains, firmware upgrades, zones, and zone mergers.
This class prepares students to take the Implementing Cisco Storage Area Networking (300-625 DCSAN) exam, which leads to CCNP Data Center and Cisco Certified Specialist - Data Center SAN Implementation certifications.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Discovering and describing the Cisco Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) platform of multilayer switches and directors. Describing the MDS hardware, NX-OS operating system, Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) management software, and key architectures of the platform, such as FC and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Describing key product features of the MDS platform, including VSANs, RBAC, NPV, port channels, zoning, device aliases, inter-VSAN routing (IVR), and fabric security
- Describing and implementing state-of-the-art product features, including NX-API, slow-drain analysis, SAN Analytics and 32-GB Fibre Channel interfaces
- Configuring and implementing the Cisco MDS switches and platform features, such as initial configuration, building a fabric, building a SAN extension, and configuring inter-VSAN routing for that purpose
- Configuring FCIP tunnels
- Resolving issues and troubleshoot FC domains, zones and zone merges, and switch boot and firmware upgrades
- Learn how to deploy and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches to support performance, resiliency, scalability, and enhanced operations for data centers
- Gain knowledge and skills through Cisco's unique combination of lessons and hands-on practice using enterprise-grade Cisco learning technologies, data center equipment, and software
- Succeed in today's demanding data center operations roles
- Data center systems engineers
- Data center field engineers
- Data center architects
- Technical decision makers
- Network architects
- Cisco integrators and partners
- Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) and Fibre Channel
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP
- Basic routing and switching knowledge