SECCLD - Securing Cloud Deployments with Cisco Technologies v1.0 Training Course
The Securing Cloud Deployments with Cisco Technologies (SECCLD) v1.0 course is a 4-day course that is designed to teach students how to implement Cisco cloud security solutions to secure access to the cloud, workloads in the cloud, and software as a service (SaaS) user accounts, applications, and data. Via expert instruction and hands-on labs, students will learn a comprehensive set of skills and technologies including: how to use key Cisco cloud security solutions; detect suspicious traffic flows, policy violations, and compromised devices; implement security controls for cloud environments; and implement cloud security management.
The course discusses the usage of Cisco Cloudlock, Cisco Umbrella, Cisco Cloud Email Security, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints, Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud and Enterprise, Cisco Firepower NGFW (next-generation firewall), and more.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Contrast the various cloud service and deployment models.
- Implementing a Cisco Security Solution for SaaS using Cisco Cloudlock Micro Services.
- Deploying cloud security solutions using Cisco AMP for Endpoints, Cisco Umbrella, and Cisco Cloud Email Security.
- Defining Cisco cloud security solutions for protection and visibility using Cisco virtual appliances and Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud.
- Describing the network as a sensor and enforcer using Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise, and Cisco TrustSec.
- Implementing Cisco Firepower NGFW Virtual (NGFWv) and Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud to provide protection and visibility in AWS environments.
- Explaining how to protect the cloud management infrastructure by using specific examples, defined best practices, and AWS reporting capabilities.
This course is open to engineers, administrators, and security-minded users of public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructures responsible for implementing security in cloud environments:
- Security architects
- Cloud architects
- Security engineers
- Cloud engineers
- System engineers
- Cisco integrators and partners
To fully benefit from this course, you should have completed the following courses or obtained the equivalent knowledge and skills listed below:
- Knowledge of cloud computing and virtualization software basics
- Ability to perform basic UNIX-like OS commands
Cisco CCNP Security or understanding of the following topic areas:
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv) deployment
- Cisco IOS Flexible NetFlow operations
- Cisco NGFW (Cisco Firepower Threat Defense [FTD]), Cisco Firepower, and Cisco Firepower Management Center (FMC) deployment
- Cisco Content Security operations including Cisco Web Security Applicance (WSA)/Cisco Email
- Security Applicance (ESA)/Cisco Cloud Web Security (CWS)
- Cisco AMP for network and endpoints deployment
- Cisco ISE operations and Cisco TrustSec architecture VPN operation