Python Programming for Cisco Networking Engineers Training Course
The Python Programming for Cisco Networking Engineers course is a 5-day hands-on lab-based course that is designed to teach students the basics of Python programming to the specific skills and tools needed to manage network devices en masse using programming and reduces implementation time for software-based technologies in a Cisco enterprise.
The course delivers a comprehensive Python programming experience for Cisco networking professionals to automate and manage across the entire Cisco networking product line. With a focus on the Python programming language, students will learn to write, edit, modify, and expand complex Python scripts to utilize APIs and data models to effectively automate Cisco networking tasks throughout the enterprise. This will allow students to create and implement Python programming to automate configuration and operational needs in a Cisco enterprise.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Writing and testing several functional Python scripts.
- Writing, editing, modifying, and expanding complex Python scripts to utilize APIs and data models.
- Using the following APIs to automate configuration and management of Cisco networking devices:
- Using the YANG and MIT data models to read and manage objects to automate configuration and management of Cisco networking devices.
- Using the following DevOps / learning tools to enable efficient use of APIs and data models and effectively create Python scripts:
- IDEs for both Windows and Linux
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Linux VI Editor
- Lint tools for XML and JSON
- Visore for Cisco Data Center
- API Inspector for Cisco ACI
- YANG Validator
- Automate configuration of multiple Cisco devices.
Engineers who implement software-based technologies in a Cisco enterprise or configure/manage network devices.
Prerequisites: Students should possess the following experience before attending the course:
Knowledge of Cisco networking devices is required.
Knowledge of ACI is useful but not a prerequisite.
Knowledge of programming or Python is NOT required.
In addition to coursework, students are provided hands-on labs that present students with real-world scenarios that they can bring directly to the workplace. With labs, you will: